May 6, 2020 COVID-19 UPDATES
As we move forth during this unusual time, we hope you and your family are staying healthy, physically and mentally. Your health and well-being are just as important as our pilots and crew; thus, we will be implementing additional safety requirements and guidelines. Our aircraft have been ground since day one of the ‘stay at home’ order. As the restrictions lighten, so will our beautiful balloons!
For the time being our Shared compartment baskets remain offline, hoping to bring them back online early June. Currently we offer Private flights for two and Standard flights with your party on board, up to four passengers.
New Safety requirements:
- Cancellation policy will now be 24-hour notice. IF you or anyone in your party does not feel 110% please stay home! We reschedule your flight no charge.
- Our pilots / crew will be checked and temperature taken prior to your arrival.
- Office will be sprayed / wiped down prior to your arrival. We ask only one person from your group to check in with all the paperwork for each person, all others remain outside.
- *We HIGHLY request all passengers wear a face covering when in close proximity to others. Our pilots / crew will be wearing their face masks in your presence.
- Balloon equipment / basket leather and chase vehicle interior will be sprayed / wiped prior your boarding.
- Sanitizer available throughout your experience start to finish.
- Rest rooms available for hand washing.
- We reserve the right to take your temperature upon check-in. Any person’s temperature over 100.4F will be asked to remain 6+’ from all others and boarding denied.
We are taking steps to ensure your safety, here’s additional safety guidelines to be aware of:
- Social distancing can be achieved throughout your experience, except during flight and transportation post flight back to our office. This cannot be avoided due to the nature of the sport of Hot Air Ballooning. As our staff will use a face covering, we ask of you the same.
- Upon balloon boarding, your crew chief could be within 6 feet until launch.
- Standard flights may have two pilots on board.
- Pre & post flight, we ask to adhere to 6+ feet from others, and any spectators that may show up upon landing.
We pride ourselves on up holding your expectations for our high safety standards and an ultimate ballooning experience. As we take small steps to get back to normal, we will do our best to honor special requests that are asked prior to your flight date. Please contact us if you request further information.
Thank you for the opportunity to share the gift of flight in the new ‘temporary’ normal.
Laurie, Brian & our Gentle Breeze pilots & crew